PR Boutiques International (PRBI), prboutiques.com, a global network of 31 boutique PR firms in 13 countries, has elected a new slate of officers and board members during its recent annual meeting.
“As PRBI enters its fourth year, the organization is experiencing much continued growth and impact,” noted Bill Cowen, president of
Metrospective Communications, Philadelphia, who is beginning his second term as president of PRBI. “The tough economy of the last several years has created strong interest in the value proposition of boutique agencies: specialized skills, senior practitioners, flexibility, and results. PRBI’s international reach is also a powerful asset in today’s global marketplace.”
The 2011 officers are:
• President: Bill Cowen, President, Metrospective Communications, Philadelphia, Pa.
• Vice President: Dan Leinweber, President, Leinweber Associates, Sudbury, Mass. (Boston area)
• Secretary: Joy Scott, President, Scott Public Relations, Canoga Park, Calif. (Los Angeles area)
• Treasurer: Lucy Siegel, President, Bridge Global Strategies, New York, N.Y.
• Member-at-Large: Caraline Brown, CEO, Midnight Communications, Brighton, England, U.K.
Other members of the PRBI Board of Directors are:
• Nancy Choi, C.J.’s World, Seoul, Republic of Korea
• Fernanda Domingues, Fd Comunicação, São Paulo, Brazil
• Paul Furiga, Wordwrite Communications, Pittsburgh, Pa.
• Ann Gallery, High View Communications, Vancouver, BC, Canada
• Irene Maslowski, Maslowski & Associates, Roseland, N.J. (New York City area)
• Rolf Schmid, TEAG ADVISORS AG, Olten, Switzerland
• Lee Weinstein, LWA PR, Portland, Ore.
These officers and board members will lead the network until PRBI’s next annual meeting, May 31-June 2, 2012 in New York City, when the organization will celebrate its fifth anniversary.
PRBI members are headquartered in North and South America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
About PR Boutiques International:
PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI) is an international network of boutique public relations firms. The principals of member firms are
experienced practitioners who have held senior positions in large PR agencies and/or corporations but now put service first and work directly with clients. PRBI member firms excel in meeting a huge range of client needs in a large number of industries, including corporate public relations, consumer PR, health care PR, investor relations, crisis management, business-to-business PR, economic development PR, not-for-profit, academia, government, financial, technology, legal, multicultural and international PR and investor relations. Member practitioners have won the highest levels of professional awards, with qualifications ranging from PhDs to former top journalists. They also represent memberships in the most noteworthy international public relations and business associations. For more information, visit http://prboutiques.com.
Scott Public Relations Joy Scott, 818-610-0270