Global Demand for Boutique PR Agency Value Drives Growth for Members and International Network
NEW YORK (June 18, 2012) – PR Boutiques International (PRBI), www.prboutiques.com, a global network of 32 boutique public relations firms in 11 countries, announced a new slate of officers and board members during its fifth annual meeting in New York City, May 31 – June 2.
“During the recent economic downturn, business owners and executives have really discovered the value that PR boutiques bring to their companies and organizations,” noted Dan Leinweber, president of Leinweber Associates, Boston, who was just elected president of PRBI.
“This recognition is driving growth for both our member agencies and our network. Our surveys and client feedback show that businesses value the hands-on role of senior level practitioners, personalized service, and the results achieved by our members that build their reputation and their business.”
The 2012 PRBI officers are:
• President: Dan Leinweber, President, Leinweber Associates, Sudbury, Mass. (Boston area)
• Vice President: Joy Scott, President, Scott Public Relations, Canoga Park, Calif. (Los Angeles area)
• Secretary: Rasila Hamzah, President and CEO, RUSS Consulting Group, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
• Treasurer: Margot Dimond, Principal, DoubleDimond Public Relations, Houston, Texas
• Member-at-Large: Lucy Siegel, CEO, Bridge Global Strategies, New York, New York
Other members of the PRBI Board of Directors are:
• Jeanette Darnauer, Darnauer Group, Aspen, Colorado
• Paul Furiga, Word Write Communications, Wexford, Pennsylvania
• Ann Gallery, High View Communications, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
• Lisa George, Iris PR, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• Judith Huss, Huss-PR-Consult, Munich, Germany
• Irene Maslowski, Maslowski & Associates Public Relations, Roseland, New Jersey (NYC area)
• Lee Weinstein, Weinstein Public Relations, Portland and The Dalles, Oregon
The annual meeting included presentations by industry experts Art Stevens and Rick Gould from Stevens, Gould, Pincus, on PR agency management; Peter Heymann of Peter Heymann Associates Inc., on new business development; and “actionable marketing” expert Heidi Cohen on trends in social media and mobile marketing. Members also shared PR “best practice” tips and participated in panels on differences in cultures and communications across the globe, that impact the practice of public relations.
PRBI’s sixth annual meeting will be held in Chicago, May 30 – June 1, 2013.
PRBI members are headquartered in North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
About PR Boutiques International:
PR Boutiques International™ (PRBI) is an international network of boutique public relations firms. The principals of member firms are experienced practitioners who have held senior positions in large PR agencies and/or corporations but now put service first and work directly with clients. PRBI member firms excel in meeting a huge range of client needs in a large number of industries, including corporate public relations, consumer PR, health care PR, investor relations, crisis management, business-to-business PR, economic development PR, not-for-profit, academia, government, financial, technology, legal, multicultural and international PR and investor relations. Member practitioners have won the highest levels of professional awards, with qualifications ranging from PhDs to former top journalists. They also represent memberships in the most noteworthy international public relations and business associations. For more information, visit http://www.prboutiques.com.
Scott Public Relations